Is your website mobile ready? Are you losing potential business?
It isn’t enough these days to just have your website, Google is really striking hard to penalise those websites without mobile friendly facilities and although we do know a lot of businesses do have these facilities, there are some that don’t.
From the 21st April, Google has expanding its use of mobile-ready websites, meaning users will find it easier to get the best search results for their needs and their devices.
It is so easy to make mistakes when it comes to preparing your website to be mobile ready, and it really isn’t worth the risk of Google downgrading your website for it not being and then you losing out on potential customers.
Here’s some of the common mistakes:
- Unplayable Content – Make sure all your videos etc are playable and don’t require flash etc.
- Faulty Redirects – Make sure you redirect people to the correct mobile URL.
- Mobile-only 404 Errors – If you redirect people to the correct mobile URL this will decrease the risk of a 404 error.
- App Download Ads – This is when app download ads pop up in the middle of the page and block other content, Google recommends you use a small banner at the top of the page.
- Irrelevant Cross-links – Check your links to make sure they go to the correct page
- Slow Mobile Page Loads – You can check the speed of this with Google
You can easily check if your site is mobile ready here: https://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
At Scruffymonkey Digital Media, we’re passionate about helping maximise websites usability, and if all the above looks a little complicated, just give us a call and we would be more than happy to help advise.